I was going through short excerpts written by me. I was stunned by a few and laughed at others. I decided to start posting them here, so here I go…
You’re the guy of my dreams
The one for whom my heart beats
You’re the one who makes me smile
Cry n jump n run a mile
Sorry m not a poet.
But yes I can write. I can write my heart out. And even as I write this m sure you’ll get wat I want to pass on. I love u.
Today I know wat love is. It’s not a distraction but a motivation to do better …its not physical touch but the emotional support.
My heart beats for you. My mind searches for u. My eyes look for u. I cherish our memories with care.
I promise u I won’t let my shadow leave you. I won’t let your hand go away from mine. I won’t let this heart beat for another guy. You know why?
Coz you …yes you …have stolen my peace. No more am I at ease. I love u ..n I want your love back ♡
I can write forever about your beautiful fragrance, dazzling smile, strong personality and a winning nature.
I can write forever about our stupid fights and our silly jokes.
I can write forever about how much you mean to me.
I can write forever about YOU.
But that’s not the point to be highlighted. You know wat is?
That I’d always write for you.
Only for you.
Coz I love you.
*no one’s supposed to get personal over that*
First impression is the last impression, they say and most probably this is the saying that comes to your mind when you’re meeting your guy’s parents for the first time – or maybe you’re so nervous that nothing comes to your mind! Never mind!
You want to leave a lasting impression on them and want to win over your boy friend’s parents, whereas you don’t want them to think you’re artificial. Well, we’re here to help you with that. Just follow these pointers and I’m sure you’ll have an excellent meeting ahead!
- Be courteous, be original: It’s not to be specified that you’ve got to be polite and respectful, but don’t show off. Introduce yourself with a smile and a handshake, address them by using prefixes like Mr. and Mrs., and be ladylike! Keep your show of affections towards your beloved to the minimal level. Be sure you don’t stay late night, if you’re at your guys house offer to wash the dishes and other stuff. Avoid probing into family scenarios and keep your conversations to the surface level – light and friendly.
- Don’t get too congenial: It is probable that you’ll try to or want to get as close to the parental unit as soon as possible. But remember that it takes time for one to gain the others trust, so keep your emotions at bay and don’t throw yourself at them. You need not expect the same treatment they give their son to be directed towards you too, coz after all you’re still a newbie, a third party in the family. Also, you need to find out whether or not they are comfortable with hugs and stuff and if they like being called by their first name or not. The best way to know that is either asking your boy friend himself or waiting for them to hug you first and give you the green light for using first names. But till then, preserve your manners.’
- Take your notes beforehand: You need to ask your guy all about his family like what his parents do, where your boy friend grew up, where’s mom’s maiden home, so that you can come up with interesting topics to talk about. Silence would make things awkward during the meeting, and you babbling away about yourself would pull the trigger on vanity. So avoid talking about yourself a lot and focus on them.
- Observe: While with the family, sit back and observe them to get an idea of the picture. See how Mom and Dad talk to each other, note if your boy’s their favorite sibling, notice if the family maintains distance with some particular relative. This will tell you volumes about them. Also check if they are interested in what you say or not. If you are at his house, surroundings can tell you loads too.
- Dress appropriately: No revealing please, i.e. if you don’t want your boy friend’s parents spreading about that you dress in strips. Avoid wearing too short skirts, low cut tops, low waste jeans, skin tight outfits …you get the picture. Also, if your beau’s parents are believers of beauty in simplicity, there’s no sense in putting on a fashion show with loud makeup and garish clothes. Keep it down a bit, light make up and an attire considered by both you and your guy is the best. If you’re meeting up at his house, a sweater with a skirt minimum an inch or two above your knees with low heels work best. If outside, choose according to the location.
So best of luck girl and have a good time!